Penne with artichokes



Ahhh springtime in Paris! I love everything about spring; a time when flowers start sprouting up from the ground and trees growing their leaves. I just appreciate the smells and sights of spring! Oh how I love spring. I love to hear birds chirping in the newly leafing trees, see the crocus peeking out of the flower beds and what I mostly love is not having to bundle up before going anywhere! It’s that time of year when I'm looking forward to a change in the weather and getting out of the doldrums of winter.

At this time, I go for simple light meals! I love to spend my days out, so this dinner recipe came into rescue! It was ready in less than 30 mn, and the best part is that it was delicious!



Ingredients (serves 6)

1 lb. penne rigate
1 small onion, finely sliced
2 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
8 artichoke hearts, quartered
1 1/4 cups canned diced tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped parsley
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper

In a skillet over medium-high heat, sauté the onion and the garlic in the olive oil. Add the artichoke hearts. Cook to a pale gold color over high heat, then add the tomatoes, seasoning to taste. Simmer 15-20 minutes over medium heat.

Cook the penne rigate until al dente according to package directions in boiling, salted water. Drain and add to the artichoke sauce. Sprinkle with chopped parsley and grated Parmesan.



Penne aux artichauts

Ingrédients (serves 6)

500 g penne rigate
1 oignon, finement émincé
2 gousses d'ail, écrasées
60 ml d'huile d'olive
8 cœurs d'artichauts, coupés en quarts
1 boîte de tomates pelées, coupées en dés
1 càs de persil ciselé
1/2 tasse Parmesan
Sel et poivre

Dans une sauteuse, faites chauffer l'huile et faites-y revenir l'oignon et l'ail. Ajoutez les artichauts et laissez cuire à feu doux jusqu'à légère coloration. Ajoutez les tomates, assaisonnez selon votre goût et laissez mijoter 15 à 20 mn.

Faites cuire les penne dans de l'eau bouillante salée. Égouttez et ajoutez-les à la sauce d'artichauts. Parsemez de persil et de Parmesan.

Comments

  1. A yummy pasta dish and combination!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to admit when I saw the title of this post, it didn't inspire me...but after seeing your beautiful photos and the ingredients, I'm inspired with a big WOW. Thanks for sending along this recipe. Bookmarked!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Delicious and the good news, speedy as well~

    ReplyDelete
  4. You might not realize this, but artichoke is my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Artichoke with penne...what more could you ask for a nice and soothing meal? Maybe a glass of wine ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, looks great! I love artichokes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cherine, I would love to have you part of MAITRI. Please send me an email @ priya.mitharwal@gmail.com, so that we can communicate over email :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mmmm, I want to eat it right out of the pan!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never made pasta with artichokes, I kind of avoid them :) Thank you for the recipe, looks beautiful and brightly colored, exactly like spring should feel like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wish I were spending springtime in Paris. Maybe I'll just try your penne w/ artichokes instead. Looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I usually plain old spaghetti with artichoke pesto... its a staple in my kitchen. I'm going to have to try your penne with artichokes instead - it looks and sounds delicious. And your are right - the perfect spring meal!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am always looking for new ways to prepare pasta. thank you for this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yum, Artichoke lover here! Just came across your wonderful blog and am a new follower!!!
    - Jessica
    http://cajunlicious.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a gorgeous pasta dish! I wish I was in France visiting my brother and my cousin! I miss Europe!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can I tell you sth? I am in Italy now...yesterday, at a tratoria I ordered your dish...Yours is MUCH better !!!! Congrats! (Eating good pasta in Italy is not THAT obvious..)

    ReplyDelete
  16. So amazing... I want your kitchen table!!!! Including the food served upon it!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello, I put your amazing blog in my favorite blogs so that my visitors can come to yours and see what a beautiful blog it is !

    ReplyDelete
  18. Had some friends over and made this for dinner tonite. I added sliced chicken apple sausage and served with a light Caesar. Yum, such a hit! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your artichoke penne are looking so delicious, and like others, I have a big crush on your table :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'd love to visit Paris in the spring! For now, I'll settle for spring artichokes. One of my favorite spring vegetables. Sounds great with pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love simple fresh pasta dishes like this...looks delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. This looks delicious! Unfortunately, fresh artichokes are a little too expensive for me right now. Would it be possible to use canned artichoke hearts in this? If yes, when would you add them in?

    ReplyDelete
  23. @Liz, you can definitely use canned artichoke hearts, cut them into quarters and follow the recipe as is.

    ReplyDelete
  24. love pasta and artichokes, im in!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you! This has become one of our favorites!!!! So delicious and quick. I love recipes like this that are unique, yet use ingredients I always have on hand. Have you ever tried freezing the sauce?

    ReplyDelete
  26. wow that pasta looks delicious.. but i have a doubt.. I tasted artichoke for the first time last summer when i visited Paris. It tasted bitter. SO when you added it to that pasta how did you neutralise it's bitter taste ?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just finished eating this for dinner and it was so good! I added crushed red pepper because I am a fiend for spicy pasta.

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is amazing! Didn't have parlsey.... added red pepper flakes and used Spinach Penne... yum, yum, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I made this and it was SO good. The second time I added a little pesto and grilled chicken. Delicious. Thanks for the great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I was looking for a recipe to make with ingredients I had in my fridge and pantry- canned artichoke hearts, chicken, fresh tomatoes and parsley from my garden, rotini since I did not have penne, garlic, onion. I performed a google search and found your fabulous recipe. I made this dish and added sautéed chicken. This was fantastic my husband loved it!!! Thanks for posting such a delicious recipe. Anonymous in East Norriton, PA, USA.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Nice and yummy looking recipe. Today I also found below amazing thingsHow To Cook Artichokes In The Microwave recipe.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts