Kafta kebabs


With the warm weather starting to set in, it’s time to start your outdoor grilling season and experience the taste of Lebanon cuisine with these kafta kebabs. I don't know if you had the chance to taste kafta before, but you should try it as it requires ingredients that are easy to assemble.
Kafta is a Middle Eastern dish made by grinding meat, (preferably lamb), and mixing it with with spices. Kafta is known by a variety of other names including kefta, kofta, kufta, and qofte, and there are hundreds of variations on this dish, it can be baked, grilled or served in a pita bread.



Ingredients (serves 4): 2 lb (1 kg) lean minced meat (beef or lamb) - 1/2 tsp cumin - 1 tsp allspice - 1/2 cup chopped parsley - 2 onions, grated - 1 egg, lightly beaten - 1 tsp ground coriander - 2 garlic cloves - salt and pepper

Put the meat, onion, garlic, parsley, salt and spices in a food processor. Whizz until finely chopped and blended, then add the egg and whizz again until combined.
Thread onto skewers. Brush with oil and cook over a gentle barbecue for about 15 minutes, turning regularly until cooked through (you can grill them in the oven too). Serve with pitta bread, tzatziki, hummus and salad.


Brochettes de kafta
Ingrédients (4 personnes): 1 kg de viande finement hachée (bœuf ou agneau) - 1/2 càc de cumin - 1càc de quatre-épices - 1/2 tasse de persil haché - 2 oignons finement hachés - 1 œuf, legèrement battu - 1 càc de coriandre moulue - 2 gousses d'ail, finement hachées - sel et poivre

Dans un robot, mélangez la viande hachée, les oignons, le persil, l'ail, le sel, et les épices. Malaxez bien. Façonnez à la main des saucisses autour de pique à brochette. Faites griller au barbecue ou au grill du four, en les retournant régulièrement. Vous pouvez accompagner ces brochettes avec du pain pitta, du tzatziki , du houmous et de la salade.

Comments

  1. Awesome kebabs! Mouthwatering appetizer chicho

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never eaten it...I don't eat lamb but I can try with with beef!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooee! I made a Bosnian version of these last week and loved them, but I am delighted by all the spices in yours!!! Can't wait to try them. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks very tasty. Wish I some now. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, love kababs...never made at home...have to try one of this day...nice pictures as well ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an awesome idea! I`ve never eaten such kebabs

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely kebabs. Full of wonderful flavours!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chico, I make some rice, bring some wine, pita bread and call it dinner...delish!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cherine~
    What a quick and easy recipe. I'm sure this will be delicious. We absolutely LOVE lamb! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great kebabs! I don't think I dare to make them at home....it seems not too easy to make.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made something similar for our first barbecue of the season a couple of weeks ago. But I didn't use skewers and your spices (allspice, cumin) must make these all the more flavorful.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Angie, they're really easy to make. You just put the ingredients in the food processor, and it's all done!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds wonderful with pita bread!

    ReplyDelete
  14. dans un pita avec un peu de sauce au fromage blanc et concombre, hmmmm

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are awesome kafta kebabs, what a perfect summer appetizer!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Cherine,

    I'm a bit of a kafta fan myself.
    I wouldn't mind having your version of kafta with rice, salad, hummus & harissa! :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. I could have sworn I had already commented on this entry. It is not like me to miss something that looks and sounds delicious. Everyone loves meat barbecued in this way. This is a perfect summer dish. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love anything that has the word fast in it. These sound great. Your blog makes me hungry every time I come to read.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome and awesome! I'm definitely getting hungry now.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful! A perfect dish for the summer!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love kafta, this looks absolutely perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  22. this looks like quick and easy to make...I had them many times, so I know they're delicious :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Kafta is one of my favourite grills in the summer with some homemade pita and tzatziki sauce. Thanks for sharing your recipe:D

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've never had this before. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Je crois que je prefere ces brochettes la plutot que les boulettes, superbes!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Excuse me while I wipe the drool off my chin. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Mmm....I LOVE kafta! A drizzle of tahini, some fresh onion, tomato and parsley, and I could eat that every day. Yours looks just lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Elles sont magnifiques tes brochettes! À essayer très bientôt:)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Cherine, these are right up my street! WOW! Love the spices and the end result! Mmm...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts