Shrimp Fra diavolo


Shrimp fra diavolo is a classic Italian-American creation, a "brother devil" style, where shrimp is simmered in a garlicky, spicy tomato sauce. This dish can be served as an appetizer with grilled bread or it can be spooned over spaghetti. I used half a teaspoon of red pepper flakes here, but feel free to kick up the spices if you like.

Ingredients (serves 4): 1 lb (450g) shrimps (about 40 to the pound), peeled and deveined - 2 tbsp olive oil - 4 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced - ½ onion, finely diced - 1 cup dry white wine - 1 can diced tomatoes, drained - ½ tsp (or more) red pepper flakes - 2 tbsp fresh basil, finely chopped - Salt  and freshly ground black pepper - 4 tbsp flat-leaf parsley, finely chopped - 1 lb (450g) linguine


Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp and cook, turning once, until just cooked through, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside. Add garlic and onion to skillet and cook until soft, 3 to 5 minutes. Add canned tomatoes and wine. Season to taste with salt and pepper.

Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water. Drain, reserving 1/4 cup of the pasta water. Add parsley, basil, red pepper flakes, pasta water, and shrimp to skillet and toss well.

Divide the pasta equally among four plates and spoon one-quarter of the shrimp and tomato sauce over each plate. Garnish with the parsley.



Crevettes fra diavolo
Ingrédients (4 personnes): 450 g de crevettes (environ 40 crevettes), pelées et déveinées - 2 càs d'huile d'olive - 4 gousses d'ail, pelées et finement hachées - ½ oignon, finement haché - 20 cl de vin blanc sec - 1 boîte de tomates concassées, égouttée - ½ càc (ou plus) de piment d'Espelette - 2 càs de basilic haché - sel et poivre - 4 càs de persil haché - 450 g de linguine



Faites chauffer l'huile dans une grande poêle à feu moyen. Ajoutez les crevettes et faites cuire, en les retournant une fois, jusqu'à ce qu'elles soient cuites, environ 3 minutes de chaque côté. Transférez-les dans une assiette et réservez. Ajoutez l'ail et l'oignon dans la poêle et faites cuire 3 à 5 minutes. Ajoutez les tomates concassées et le vin. Assaisonnez selon votre goût avec le sel et le poivre.

Pendant ce temps, faites cuire les pâtes dans une grande casserole d'eau bouillante salée. Égouttez et réservez 1/4 tasse de l'eau de cuisson des pâtes. Ajoutez le persil, le basilic, l'eau de cuisson, le piment et les crevettes dans la poêle et mélangez.
Répartissez les pâtes en parts égales dans quatre assiettes et nappez d'un quart de la sauce aux crevettes sur chaque assiette. Garnissez avec le persil.

Comments

  1. Spicy heat and shrimp go hand in hand as sweetness of the seafood are a wonderful contrast to the chillis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely gorgeous! I love so the spiciness of this seafood pasta dish.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is my kind of pasta dish - the shrimp look plump and perfectly cooked.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is mouth watering! Coming to your blog is making me hungry :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks and sounds delicious. Heat and shrimp make for a heavenly combination despite the name of the sauce. I hope you are having a wonderful day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this shrimp dish sure looks so tasty, love the vibrant color of it...nice picture!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm vive les bons plats de pâte!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That dish looks amazing and so colorful!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Humm trop bon ton plat de pâtes! =)
    Il me donne bien envie!
    Bisous & Bonne soirée

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so good Chicho! The shrimp is mouthwatering!
    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  11. you have me sooo hungry right now...what a great meal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yum, i cook dishes like this all summer long.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks yummy and the pictures are great..

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bonjour Petite Voisine !!

    Wowww !!! It looks mouthwatering !! I love spicy food and I adore Lebanese cuisine, so I'll drop by often....
    Cristina, from Buenos Aires to Paris

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks really delicious. Beautiful photos and lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, this looks realllllly good! Cant wait to get shrimps from the market! I'm so making this, thanks for sharing the recipe! :-) please keep on posting!

    ReplyDelete
  17. There is something so appealing about a dish that has the world devil in it's name, don't you think? This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love this dish, love it. The sauce looks and sounds heavenly and spicy

    ReplyDelete
  19. pate et crevettes ! tu es une tentatrice !! à bientot Pierre

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks delicious, sounds like a perfect meal to enjoy on a Friday night with a big glass of wine and some crusty bread!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fabulous dish! Can we come for Dinner??
    the photos are gorgeous making me hungry

    ReplyDelete
  22. that looks so good! i love shrimp in pasta!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oooh, I love shrimp fra diavolo, it's one of my husband's favorites. If I were nice, I'd make it more often. Thanks for a beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Chicho! This is a favorite around here too, any pasta with seafood and a bit of spice, yum!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Cherine your blog is beauty and your pictures georgeous! I love shrimps! I was reading your porfile and I saw you are from Lìbano.
    Hubby's Mom was from Libano I make some recipes and in my blogs I have someones (a little) I saw your mamolh too are beautiful I wanna make my grand Mom recipe but I will love see your recipe, cheers, gloria

    ReplyDelete
  26. Gloria, gracias por tu comentario! Me alegra que te haya gustado mi blog :) Hasta pronto!

    ReplyDelete
  27. je ne résiste pas, ce plat me fait carrément saliver sur mon clavier!! bravo pour la qualité des photos

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cherine,

    This is my first time to visit your blog. Lovely "kitchen" and the pasta with shrimp looks delicious. The spicier the better for me :-)

    ReplyDelete
  29. I love shrimp fra diavolo. Your photos make me want to dive right in. The white wine really makes the flavors pop!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I have been LOVING shrimp lately This looks SO good! Thanks for the comment on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Wow! This look fabulous. I love your blog. First time here and I'm hooked.

    ReplyDelete
  32. GORGEOUS!!!! Its shrimp season here so this recipe is perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous dish. Sounds easy too, I should try it one day.

    ReplyDelete
  34. This dish looks delicious, Just what I was looking for, some yummy recipes with shrimp. Actually everything in this page looks amazing. I'm glad I found your site.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts