Red lentil soup - lebanese soup


A great old fashioned Lebanese soup made of red lentils. It's prefect for those winter days. You can taste the earth goodness in every bite. Served with Lebanese toasted bread, this soup is so hearty and tasty!!

Ingredients (serves 2): 
1 cups red lentils 
1 onion roughly chopped 
2 garlic cloves 
5 cups of water or chicken/vegetable stock 
1 tbsp cumin 
salt & pepper 
grilled pitta or lebanese bread

Wash lentils. Saute the onion in a large pot with some olive oil for 2 mn, add the garlic and saute for another minute. Add the lentils then pour the stock or the water. Season with salt, pepper, and cumin. Bring to a boil then simmer on low heat covered for around 20 mn. Once cooked, puree the soup and serve with grilled bread.



Soupe de lentilles rouges

Ingrédients (2 personnes): 
250 g de lentilles rouges 
1 oignon grossièrement haché 
2 gousses d'ail 
1 l d'eau ou de bouillon de volaille/légumes 
1 càs de cumin 
sel et poivre 
croutons ou pain libanais grillé

Lavez les lentilles. Dans une grande casserole, faites revenir les oignons dans un peu d'huile d'olive, ajoutez les gousses d'ail et faites revenir 1 mn. Ajoutez les lentilles et versez le bouillon ou l'eau. Portez à ébullition puis réduisez le feu, couvrez et laissez cuire environ 20 mn. Réduisez la soupe en purée. Servez avec du pain grillé ou des croutons.

Comments

  1. As the rain and wind howl around me this morning, I am craving a bowl of your soup! I love that it's hearty and earthy, but also pretty easy to make. That's a perfect soup in my book. Thanks for sharing!

    Anyway, I found you through TasteSpotting and am writing to say that if you have any photos that aren’t accepted there, I’d love to publish them. Visit my site (below), it’s a lot of fun! I hope you will consider it.

    Best,
    Casey
    Editor
    www.tastestopping.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this soup recipe - thank you so much for sharing it! I like to make a big pot in a Sunday and then have it for lunch the next couple days.

    I add tumeric, too, just because I love that flavor.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts