Lebanese Tabbouleh


My Sundays in Lebanon, I wake up late and my mom is chopping parsley for lunch. I loved the sound of the knife slicing bunches of green parsley leaves. Tabboule is the national dish of Lebanon. Everybody loves tabboule, it's a delight! When I first arrived in France, I was shocked to see the tabboule they sell here, cause I was always used to our traditional parsley salad with little bit of bulghur, but then I knew that there are regional variations, such as the Turkish tabboule that is mainly made of bulghur. So here is our famous lebanese tabboule, I know it takes a labor to make it but it's quite worth it!

Ingredients (serves 3 to 4): 3 bunches of fresh parsley leaves - ½ bunch of fresh mint - 5 ripe tomatoes - 1 onion - 3 tbsp fine bulgur (cracked wheat) - 1 tsp salt - 5 tbsp olive oil - a pinch of sweet pepper - 1/4 cup lemon juice - ½ tsp paprika

Finely chop the parsley, the mint and the onion. Dice the tomatoes.
In a salad bowl, combine the parsley, the mint, the tomatoes, the burghul and the onions.
Season with salt and spices. Drizzle the olive oil and the lemon juice. Mix well and serve with a lettuce or cabbage leaves.



Tabboulé libanais
Ingrédients (3 à 4 personnes): 3 bouquets de persil plat - ½ bouquet de menthe fraîche - 5 tomates mûres - 1 oignon - 3 càs de burghul brun fin - 1 càc de sel - 5 càs d'huile d'olive - une pincée de poivre doux - 1/4 tasse de jus de citron - ½ càc de paprika

Ciselez le persil et la menthe. Coupez les tomates en petits dés. Émincez finement l'oignon.
Dans un saladier, mélangez le persil, la menthe, les tomates, le burghul, et les oignons.
Assaisonnez avec le sel et les épices.
Versez l'huile d'olive et le jus de citron. Mélangez bien et servez avec une laitue ou des feuilles de chou.


Comments

  1. I love lebanese tabboule. I love lebanese food too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the authentic lebanese salad. The best I've ever had!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This particular is usually apparently essential and moreover outstanding truth along with for sure fair-minded and moreover admittedly useful My business is looking to find in advance designed for this specific useful stuffs… full size cotton sheets on sale , cheap comforter sets under 30

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts